- I need advice on...
- I want to improve...
Capturing Email Addresses
Ask for permission and you'll get their interest
The first step to a winning email marketing program is to develop an effective opt-in communication strategy. Sending customers or prospects email messages they actually asked for will improve your response because they are far more likely to open your emails. And, getting permission is also the “unwritten law” of Internet marketing ethics in most areas of the world.
Offer a strong incentive
Getting permission to use an email address is most successful when you give something in return.
- FREE NEWSLETTERS - Sign them up to receive helpful information and news on a regular basis.
- EARLY BIRD SPECIALS - Send advanced notice on up-coming sales and promotions.
- FAVORITE THINGS - Ask for product preferences and notify them about specific sales before the general public.
- SWEEPSTAKES - Have a contest and register them for prizes. Make them part of special “communities” within your site with access to benefits and information non-members don’t have.
Make signing up easy
- SIGN-UP BOX - Put this at the top of your left navigation where it will be immediately noticeable.
- INPUT FIELD - Provide a place for entering the email address. Don’t make them click to another page to sign up.