- I need advice on...
- I want to improve...
Email Contact Program
Chances are you are not communicating often enough
Without regular attention and nurturing, the fragile inquiry and customer relationships you've worked so hard to establish can easily wither and die. Maintaining contact using friendly emails filled with valuable content is not only critical for strengthening customer loyalty, it's an essential tool for generating additional sales.
Emails are the easiest way to increase your business!
The key to a successful email marketing campaign is careful advanced planning.
Include the following areas in your process:
- THE TARGET - Define as precisely as you can who you are going after and why. Segmenting your house list may be well worth the time.
- THE MESSAGE - Why are you writing them? What is your unique selling position (USP)? What's the best way to present your content? What tone should you use? Should you be testing alternatives? (Yes!) How long should your offer deadline be?
- THE CREATIVE - Craft an appealing offer with the urgency of a deadline. Should you be using graphics? Where should they be placed? Have you tested your creative in different browsers?
- TIMING - Determine when and how often to email. Are you mailing at the best time of day? The best day of the week? Are you mailing to home addresses or business addresses?
- REPORTING - Know what's important to track and set up a procedure for measuring results.
- TEST, TEST, TEST! - Refine your marketing message by mailing multiple versions.
Develop an automated system that makes money while you sleep
Event-triggered email sequences have the potential to generate even more revenue than regular email campaigns, so they deserve to be part of your overall email strategy. And, once they are set up, the programs run automatically delivering targeted messages designed to attain a specific objective.
The highest revenue opportunity is abandoned shopping cart recovery.
Start there - then consider the following:
- Email subscription follow-up
- Catalog request acknowledgment
- Order confirmation for both new and existing customers
- Shipping confirmation
- Referral follow-up